I love comfort foods. And I love casseroles. So when I saw a recipe online for Comfort Casserole, I knew I had to make it especially since comfort food is so fun to eat when it’s cold outside. I was not disappointed. I love one-dish main dishes. It makes cleaning up so much easier. And the best part of this dish is that it has everything I want in a meal: pasta, meat, and veggies. Oh, and lots and lots of cheese (I think I have a cheese addiction).
This recipe is also really flexible. You can use chicken instead of ground beef and maybe even switch up the cheese. I used shredded mild Cheddar but I’m sure it would taste great with the kick from some Pepper Jack. Give it try and let me know what you think!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (6-8 oz.) package of egg noodles
- 1 package of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (16 oz.) can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 (16 oz.) can Cream of Chicken soup
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Additional shredded cheese to top casserole if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef with the chopped onions until meat is no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
- Cook egg noodles according to directions. Add frozen vegetables during the last 5 minutes of boiling. Drain and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine soups with sour cream.
- Add ground beef and onions to soup mixture.
- Add noodles and mixed vegetables.
- Stir in shredded cheese, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Pour into 9×13 pan or casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- For added cheesiness, top with additional shredded cheese and put back into the oven until cheese is melted.
Ok, now for the fun part! I am so excited to be participating in an awesome giveaway hosted by Lisa over at Wine and Glue. I know you are just as excited as I am! So without further ado, here are all the juicy details.
Up for grabs is an 8GB Kindle Fire with a 7″ LCD Display and Wi-fi capabilities. If you didn’t get one for Christmas, you need to enter! Load it up with a grocery list app, some reading material, and some games for the kiddos, and you’re set for a day at the grocery store. This giveaway ends at 12 AM on Friday, January 25th so don’t wait!
Be sure to check out all the other talented bloggers participating in this giveaway and show them some love!